Recently Odisha government has reduced the amount of assistance provided under the Kalia scheme from Rs 10000 to Rs 4000.
Reason for reducing the amount of support:
The amount of assistance given to the farmers under the Kalia scheme by the Odisha government has been reduced because the Odisha government has launched the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation- KALIA scheme in February 2019, the Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi. The plan has merged.
According to a notification issued by the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Empowerment of the state of Odisha, for the year 2019-20, the Odisha government will provide Rs 5000 to small and marginal farmers under the Kalia scheme and Rs 4000 to the year 2020-21.
- At the same time, under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, farmers will get Rs 6000 annually, so by merging these two schemes, farmers will get Rs 10,000 annually.
- Farmers who have received assistance under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme during the year 2019-20, will not get any support amount for Rabi crop 2019 under Kalia scheme.
- Farmers who have not yet received financial assistance for the year 2018-19 under the Kalia scheme, will also be provided financial assistance for the Rabi crop 2018-19.
- Such landless farmers who work on someone else's land as genuine farmers will continue to get an annual assistance amount of Rs 10,000 under the Kalia scheme as those farmers are not eligible to get assistance under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- The notification also states that farmers residing in urban local bodies will not be covered under both schemes.
- It has been decided by the Cooperatives Department to provide interest free loan up to Rs 1 lakh to all farmers. Till now, interest free loan of up to 50000 rupees is provided to farmers under the Kalia scheme, which will now be provided under this new rule.
- However, some opposition parties have criticized the Odisha government, accusing the farmers of making false promises before the elections.
You May Also Like Latest post Wembley