Skin tags are non-cancerous growth over the skin of any of the body parts like eyelids, neck, etc. causing hanging of skin and formation of ugly little bumps. These tags are commonly seen in people suffering from diabetes, obesity, etc. There are many procedures used for removing these skin tags like Cauterization, Cryosurgery, Excision, and Ligation. Apart from these, there are some effective home remedies also that can easily and efficiently cure the condition.
1. Tea Tree Oil: This oil can help in removing skin tags as well as moles. Put 3 drops of this oil on a cotton ball and apply it over the skin tags in a circular way for ten days. It will show miraculous results.
2. Castor Oil: Add it to baking soda to make a paste and apply the paste to the skin tags and cover it with a band-aid too. This method will help in removing the skin tags just in 2 to 4 weeks.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apply this apple cider vinegar directly over the skin tags with the help of a cotton ball. Skin tags will vanish soon just in two to four weeks’ time with its regular application.
4. Lemon Juice: It should be applied directly over the skin tags to reduce them. Lemon’s acidic properties will certainly help in the decomposition of the cells of skin tags.
5. Banana Peel: Keep small pieces of banana peel tied over the skin tags with the help of band-aid and leave it for overnight. Keep repeating this process until the skin tag comes off.
6. Dental Floss: Tie the skin tag tightly with a knot from its base using dental floss. It will restrict blood flow to the area and help in the removal of the skin tag completely.
7. Onion Juice: Soak onion slices in a salt container for overnight. Extract its juice and apply over the skin tag every night before retiring to bed for a week continuously.
8. Pineapple Juice: Application of juice of pineapple over the skin tags thrice a day for 10 days really helps in reducing the skin tags.
9. Garlic: Crushed garlic must be applied over the skin tags and covered with a band for a few days to see the amazing results.
10. Aloe Vera: Massage gently the area affected with Aloe Vera gel daily to see the miracle happening in just a few days.
11. Compressed Air: Applying compressed air twice or thrice will make the skin tags change their color and will fade away eventually. But this process may have a skin tissue-damaging effect too.
12. Nail Polish: Apply fresh nail polish thrice at least a day directly over the skin tags and let it dry. It will help in fading away from the tags.
13. Duct Tape: This highly useful method of applying duct tape over the skin tags will make them fall off in a few days.
14. Vitamin E: Rub vitamin E oil over the skin tags twice a day or make a paste of garlic and vitamin E oil and apply it daily in night for better results.
15. Ginger: Raw ginger slices can be rubbed over the affected area for two weeks for removing the skin tags.
16. Fenugreek Seeds: Soak 100gms of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it for overnight. Drink this water before having breakfast in the morning. It will not only remove skin tags but also prevent diseases like anemia and thyroid.
17. Nail Clippers: Skin tags may be removed with the help of nail clippers or a pair of scissors. For this, sterilize the tools with isopropyl. Apply some ice cube over the skin to make it numb. Pull the tag and cut it down. To stop bleeding, press the area with a sterilized gauze pad and apply an antibiotic over the area when the bleeding stops.